Minutes for CD Board Meeting
Monday, August 7, 2017 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Granada Community Services District (GCSD) offices, 504 Avenue Alhambra, Third Floor, El Granada, CA 94018 Google Map
President Kehoe called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm. Present Kehoe, Fried, Fisher, Gerrity, Klein. Absent: Dye, Slater-Carter
- Open Comments – nothing relevant.
- Consent Agenda – Program Committee Report is being added to 3. B. III. Approval of the Consent Agenda. Doreen/Pam 5-0 Aye.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of minutes from June 5, 2017 meeting.
- Approval of Treasurer’s reports August 2017
- Approve updated half the donations $175 ($350 collected in total so far) from Cotchett book for Coastside Hope plus the $25 club gift to Cotchett so $200.00.
- Regular Agenda
- Old Business
- Review Committees Assignments – All (15 min). Update assignments and review policies. Barbara needs back-up on her Publicity & Media Committee. She is only member of committee. All committees should have more than one member. We should have non-bd members on every committee. Kathy has sign-up lists from Movie Night.
- New Business
- Redefine Family Membership – Kehoe (10 min). Use Definition of household: “those who dwell, are registered to vote and compose a family under the same roof”. Redefine Family Membership. Board sets the Due. Family is Household and live in the same house in SMC. Registered to vote at same address. Bd can vote to wave dues in case of hardship. Only requirement is Registered Democrat. Meg/Doreen vote 5-0 aye.
- Establish Bylaws Committees – Kehoe (10 min). Identify committee and process. Current members Cid/Katherine/Bill. Needed Change from CDP is Delegate process. Bill suggested “Board should have control of delegates selection to the Pre-Endorsement January Mtg for purposes of Pre-Endorsement”.
- Review September General Meeting – Klein & Gerrity (20 min). Finalize planning including location, costs, agenda, marketing plan, etc. Change date of Mtg. Conflict with Yom Kippur. Kathy to call Tony Thurmond about change of date. This was scheduled a long time ago. Kathy will also get Bio, Photo and statement his handlers may want distributed in Newsletter.
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Finance – Meg Fried/ Bill Tabled for now
- Membership – Meg Fried/Bill/Barbara/Cid/Pam. Meg to send out email to set up meeting.
- Program – Kathy Klein & Doreen Gerrity Meg/Barbara/Cyd/Bill reported above
- Endorsement and Elections Committee – Kathryn Slater-Carter /Bill Goal of Committee is to find candidates for local offices
- Legislation – Harvey/Pam
- Publicity & Media Committee – Barbra Dye /Bill Need more help on this
- Voter Registration – Kathy Klein /Pam
- SMC DCC Report – Brigid O’Farrell /Bill Guest Speakers: Melinda Dart. President, SMC Central Labor Council and James Ruigomez, Business Manager, Building & Construction Trade Council.
- Lightning Round – All Upcoming items for future agenda or Club action (5 min) None
- Next Board meeting time and place: Sept 4? is Labor Day, 2017 GCSD 7 PM Next Board Mtg: Sept 11th
- Adjourn 8:50pm.